Game review 2022

Although Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord is no longer in Early Access, TaleWorlds Entertainment is still using Early Access for several of its projects. 
The game begins with a fresh opening that grabs players' interest. It was first shown this year. It had a lot of flaws back then, such word ends that were spoken improperly or whole sentences that were left untranslated. I had hoped that these flaws would be fixed in the whole version of Bannerlord, but sadly, they were not. However, polonization is preferable to having to play in English
After creating a character—in a little more complex wizard than I remembered—and beginning the quest, I became aware of another significant alteration. It all revolves on the little symbols that are positioned over cities, castles, and villages to provide information about open quests, competitions, or potential units to hire.

 
It may have seemed trivial, but I was ecstatic because I could now decide whether it would be beneficial to travel to a particular location without actually going there. My focus was also caught by the game's obviously enhanced optimization. After all, I recalled that in order to make Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord operate smoothly, I had to drop the visual settings. 
On a PC with a mediocre Intel Core i5-3350P CPU, 8 GB of RAM, and a GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card, in the meanwhile. A second machine that I used to play the game, equipped with an Intel Core i5-12400F processor, 32 GB of RAM, and a GeForce RTX 3070 graphics card, seldom displayed an FPS indicator with a value of less than 100 during "typical play" at 1440p resolution. 
The number admittedly decreased to around 80 FPS in a fight involving 1,000 men, but generally I couldn't complain. The English dubbing, which was notably absent at the beginning of early access, also drew my attention or, more precisely, my ears. You could only hear isolated, sporadic problems back then. 


Now there are many more of them, and although though most characters simply speak to us aloud, we still have to read their statements. After making a character (in a little more complex wizard than I recalled) and beginning the quest, I became aware of another notable shift. It all revolves on little symbols that emerge over cities, castles, and villages to tell players of new tasks, competitions, or potential units to hire. It may have seemed trivial, but I was ecstatic because I could now decide whether it would be beneficial to travel to a particular location without actually going there. 
My focus was also caught by the game's obviously enhanced optimization. After all, I recalled that in order to make Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord operate smoothly, I had to drop the visual settings. 
On a different machine with an Intel Core i5-12400F, 32 GB of RAM, and a GeForce RTX 3070 card, I started the game. The number admittedly decreased to around 80 FPS in a fight involving 1,000 men, but generally I couldn't complain. The English dubbing, which was notably absent at the beginning of early access, also drew my attention or, more precisely, my ears. 
You could only hear isolated, sporadic problems back then. 
Now that there are much more of them, the dubbing overall leaves a positive impression, even though most characters just speak to us audibly and we must decipher their words.

Comments